Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Cosplay Craze RWBY feels & meeting new friends


With the recent RWBY season 3 finale still fresh in my mind, this event has been quite an experience for me. I love the series so much and despite its popularity, it's quite uncommon to find such devoted fans right here in the area so seeing so many people getting excited over RWBY cosplays made me so proud to be a part of the RWBY community.


This has been long overdue, mhen I keep getting distracted.

I recently attended a local cosplay event last June 25, 2016 called SM Cyberzone Cosplay Craze which is a fast-paced, on-the-spot and free for all cosplay contest. The aim is to gather as much participants as possible and compete with other locations(in the PH) for the record holder of most number of registered cosplayers (our place got 2nd btw). The first round was the pre-judging where the top 20 contestants will move on to the 2nd round (right after the parade) and compete for the top three places.

there were over a hundred participants O_O

and here are some of 'ems


I decided to participate in the contest as well despite my huge fear of performing in front of a crowd but I've longed since wanted to give cosplay competitions a try. Since it doesn't really require much, is totally free and not much preparations needed, I figured this is a good place to start.

[Achievement Unlocked]



It was very overwhelming but overall fun. It was one of the best cosplay experience to date since the rest of team RWBY was there as well.

...and Professor Ozpin XD

cue: Caffeine

"[Mumbles with a mouthful of cookies.] 
Thas ma unca Mmmf! Sorry. 
That's my Uncle Qrow. He's a teacher at Signal. 
I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. 
Now, I'm all like... [does karate arm moves and light shouts]"

Hey, sis!

Have some more RWBY photos because feeeels




( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some grabbed selfies from friends since I can't properly take one on my phone because Ember Celica keeps getting in the way |||oTL *cri


After the pre-judging was the cosplay parade where all registered cosplayers would form a really long line and parade around the mall.

A video posted by Bianca Isabel (@fujo_trash) on



spot team RWBY

My feet was about to fall off (I've been standing ever since I arrived at the venue) by the time it was over but it was fun seeing the reactions of the people that we passed by.

A video posted by Bianca Isabel (@fujo_trash) on

I also got into the top 20 which was quite a feat for me. I didn't get to win anything after that though but it doesn't really matter. I had an awesome experience.~

Photo by Jm See

Ruby Rose: Mari
Weiss Schnee: Albertine
Blake Belladonna: Addrianne
Yang Xiao Long: Me
Professor Ozpin: Ajel

additional credits to: Precious, Nicole, Sylvester, Jm, Xyra & to other fb non/friends who tagged me in their photos :)

costume worklog >>
ember celica tutorial >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Partner

Posts