Thursday, August 16, 2018

KorrAsami @ AsiaPOP Comicon Manila 2018


Taking a little bit of detour from my DIY tutorials series because my scheduling has already been out of whack anyway so might as well write some cosplay life update while I still have a little bit of that post-con high/hangover.

After years of planning and clearing most conflicts out of the way, my friend and I have finally managed to schedule another out-of-town convention trip like we used to do two years ago. This time, we decided to attend AsiaPOP Comicon Manila 2018 Day 2.

Unfortunately, even with months of planning, some things just doesn't go the way we want it to.

Just a few days before our scheduled trip, my friend Chloe who's always with me on these trips had to bail out at the last minute because her work leave was rejected due to an important event happening right on the same day where her presence is required. We tried to come up with other ways that she can get out of that situation but it was a futile attempt, the job had to come first and we can't argue with that.


So I was left to travel alone to a city I barely know.

It was also a Friday so Leddy, the friend we're visiting in Manila who usually fetches us from the airport, couldn't get out of work do it.

My anxiety levels was thrown out of whack.


On the brighter side, I had another friend Dan who's also coming to Manila to join us for APCC. His flight is hours later than mine though so I had to wait at the airport for hours where I constantly keep dozing off because I haven't had any decent sleep for a week.

stuck in the charging station

After a few delays, we finally met up. We made a quick stop to a service center to get his laptop repaired and then had lunch where I OD-ed myself in caffeine before checking in at the hotel where we'll be staying for the entire weekend


10/10 would probably book here again next year

Friday was basically just a whirlwind of adventure. we had a lot of dinner plans but then it started raining plus the after-work rush hour traffic, we couldn't get any cab to take us to our destination. We had no choice but to walk. We would have cancelled the plans but the person we're meeting up was already on the venue. Leddy couldn't make it either because she was a little bit farther and very stuck in traffic.

Originally there were suppose to be six of us but unforeseen circumstances happened and we're cut down to half. We just ended up eating at the very first available fast-food restaurant we saw. Still, it was nice catching up, just randomly talking about stuff over a meal.

It was really late when we got back in the hotel and I still have some last-minute details to attach to my costume.


But I am so tired and done at this point I just ended up gluing the rest with fabric glue.


Finally, my friend got out of traffic and arrived at the hotel a few minutes later. She's going to be staying over since Chloe couldn't make it and there's an extra space.

And we can go to the event together the following day.


It took us quite a while to get to the event because of the traffic but it gave me an opportunity to catch some snooze time that I actually feel refreshed by the time we arrived at the convention hall a little bit past noon.


We also had another friend, Nina, coming with us, but she's also still stuck in traffic and will arrive a little later. Thankfully, the ticket line wasn't long so we didn't wait much.

After settling our tickets and getting our passes, we went out and saw this amazing BnHA cosplay gathering.


Every time a new cosplayer joins the group, they would clap & cheer. It was such an amazing experience just being there and seeing all of it happen.

A post shared by Bianca Isabel (@fujo_trash) on

Leon Chiro, one of the guest cosplayer on that event also joined the group as the one and only, All Might.

A post shared by Bianca Isabel (@fujo_trash) on

We spotted him on the escalator going up to where the group gathering are just as we are going down. A few minutes later we heard very loud cheering from the group above. It was really exhilarating and heart-warming.


While waiting for Nina, we would spend a lot of time fooling around the upper floor or roaming the artist's alley for some merch and prints.


And then we saw some cosplayers waving this flag around and asked if we can borrow it.


Thank you so much for letting is have a little bit of moment with the flag. It was such an awesome moment for me.

someday I'm gonna get one of these babies once I save enough

Spotted these amazing cosplayers cosplaying my Garisson babies form Voltron


Then we finally get to meet up with Nina! She was always busy with work every time we drop by Manila so we couldn't see her even if we wanted to but that's not the case now and I'm so happy we finally have the chance to hang out.

The rest of the day was spent looking around the Netflix hall which was really fun because their exhibits are cool and interactive.


lol I blend really well
I really love the Stranger Things booth because we get to draw some doodles and then they'll post it on the walls the same way they do in the series!


"Will....? Wiiiiiiiiiiiill???!!"
(You can actually hear Will speak on the phone)

\m/ Aggretsuko!!! \m/

I still have yet to watch the series but based on the clips I've seen, i think it's pretty awesome. Better get a pic with her while I still can hohoo~


There was also Riverdale but I didn't get to explore much because it was really crowded and I didn't care much because I don't really feel like seeing the show.


Then there was this dude who is giving away stuff like baller bands and paper bags for upcoming series promotions but he also gives away free mugs when he likes your cosplay and I got one!


After a while, we decided to get back to the upper floor where there are lesser people so that we can sit down and relax after an afternoon of walking.

Some time later, the weather outside started getting bad so we were contemplating going back early or else we will risk getting stranded for hours hailing a cab. But since some of us were so tired, we decided to stay a little bit longer for more rest time while the others went back to the artist's alley to buy more merch.

Best decision we've made so far.



A few moments later, these fellas randomly stormed in and started play-fighting with lightsabers. Everyone just stopped whatever they were doing and watched. It was the second highlight of my day, right next to the BnHA group cosplay meetup.


When the T-rex group started to disperse, we decided it's also about time we take our leave and grab some dinner before going home.

Fortunately, it didn't take us long to get a cab but the trip back to the hotel still took a while so I fell asleep in the cab again.

By the time we got back to the hotel, I was sporting a mini headache so I decided to just chill in the room and clean myself up while my friends went out for some beers.


Most of my pocket money was spent on cabs and pumping my blood stream with caffeine so I didn't buy much. Just a few prints and stickers from my current fandom, a bookmark, a smol Shiro pin and some cat stickers. The mug, baller band, poster and paper bag are the free stuff I got from the Netflix hall!

I had a really great time and I feel like attending again next year.

last photo before parting ways with leddy :(

We had an early morning flight the next day so I really should be turning in early but the packing and cleaning took way too much time and I ended up getting barely enough hours of sleep.

I basically just slept the entire plane ride back to my city.

Despite the short amount of time, we had a great time just being nerds together and catching up on life over fast-food dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Partner

Posts